Thursday, January 03, 2008

...And a Happy New Year!!


They say that one does all year round, what one does on the first day of the year.

Try as I did, I just couldn’t get myself to posting anything on my blog on Jan 01. I am conveniently gonna put the blame on the cold wave in Delhi that has ensured that I think thrice before I venture my hands out of my warm blanket (when I am at home, that is). But yeah, I do hope I get to a lot of (creative) writing this year. And nope this isn’t a New Year Resolution – one of those that goes in one (y)ear and out the next (y)ear ;-)

To cut a long story short, 2008 is here. And boy! Did 2007 go speeding by!

I’m guessing many of us ushered 2008, despite the blustery weather, with holding hands, piping hot snacks, the odd spin on the dance floor (maybe you were flabbergasted, like I was, how some people could burn up the dance floor), and the staple bubbly (though maybe not in that order).

Here’s to a super 2008.

Let’s chink those glasses.

Hic hic.

PS: On a more sober note, out of the tonnes of New Year messages, there was one that I really liked.

Am quoting it here.

On failing twice, Sir Edmund Hillary challenged Mt. Everest, " I'll come again. As a mountain you can't grow. But as a human, I can." May we all grow together in 2008.

Kind of strikes the right note, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hic..Hic...I am remembering the new year's eve after reading this...Well said...May we all grow together in 2008.
Cheers
Angel