Monday, January 28, 2008

Paula Abdul: Rush Rush (Music Video)

While I claim to be no fan of Paula Abdul, or Keanu Reeves, for that matter, I can’t help but like this song.

Released in 1991, the song features Paula Abdul, flagging off a drag race between a twenty-something, chocolate-faced Keanu Reeves and a local toughie. Dunno why, but each time I hear this song (and I have been known to listen to it more times than I can remember), an inordinate feeling of sadness and emptiness engulfs me, especially when Abdul and Reeves ask each other if they have been in love, and whether it is “terrible.”

Ironically, this song still features in my top five favorite songs of all times.

Strange, you’d say. But I guess that’s what I am. A bundle of contradictions.....

See the video here.

No comments: