Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Getting "ant"-sy


I like looking at ants.....especially when they clamber onto a morsel of food, and then make away with it, akin to an army victoriously carrying off a struggling POW.

It's not uncommon to see them in my room, for which they seem to have a strange affinity for , much to my maid's visible annoyance. Week after week, they plod their way through the length and breadth of my room, sometimes carrying a piece of chocolate that has eluded my choc-loving roomie, or some breadcrumbs (my now-regular clumsiness culpable here).

I can't help but be surprised by their quick turnaround - a piece of cookie falls; a string of ants collects there within no time at all. Their industriousness is worthy of emulation.

Similarities can be found to their human counterparts, who also sweat it out, teamwork and competition aside, what with unrealistic deadlines that need to be met, gargantuan tasks that need attending to...what you will.

And finally, they can literally move mountains.

Quite a few lessons these humble insects can teach us.

No comments: