Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sleepyhead is not a word I can use to describe myself


Yesterday night: 11.55 p.m. – happie happie "high-spirited" me. Hic.

Just a little after midnight – Wishing I were groggy. No luck though! Am still as fresh as a daisy. Espied the newspaper – reached out for it lackadaisically - but, the crackling of the pages woke me even more. Oh bother!

1 am – Time to talk to Mommie; we talk about the uneventful day.

1.30 am – am out of all excuses – need to sleep, but it seems to be evading me, almost like a convict dodging another run in the penitentiary.

2 am – Hurray! A yawn. Yet another. Gosh – I don’t believe this – another one. I switch off the lights. And I’m wide awake again. Oh horror! Despite the room being comfortably cool, and the AC humming reassuringly, slumberland still seems a long, long away.

2.30 am – try counting sheep. But guess the allegory stands true only in yellowed-dog-eared-pages of ancient tomes.

3.15 am – Drifting into sleep. Touch wood.

At last, sleep descended over me. And enveloped me in its welcoming lap. Wish the boy from Metallica's Enter Sandman fares better than me. See the Youtube video here.

Strange how the most effortless things become the most convoluted.

Take life, for instance.

Or for that matter, another four letter word which shares the same first initial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tried sleeping pill ?? ;-) . lol