Monday, August 04, 2008

Bidding adieu to my sole(s)



Yesterday I cleaned my shoe rack. And boy! Was it therapeutic!

Now I claim to be no Imelda Marcos (though I would give an arm and a leg to be her. Well, actually, make that just one arm).

So sandals of all shades and styles spilled out from my two groaning racks, the same racks that take up quite a bit of space in my already-overflowing-room

There was even an aubergine pair of atrocious-looking footwear, which I had absolutely no recollection of ever purchasing

Though my heart was pained beyond imagination to part ways with my treasure trove, I had to give in sheepishly under my roommate’s stern arched eyebrow

So stilettos, boots, peep-toes, ballerinas, pumps, mules, wedges, kitten heels, and some flats were gradually piled up.

When I had painfully piled-high my collection of never-used / oft-neglected footwear,

The next part was the more painful one…

Handing over ‘em shoes to the utter delight of my maid..

With a heavy heart, I parted ways with those faithful pairs…

However, one look at my maid, who was only two steps away from dancing with glee at the very thought of ‘em shoes adorning her happy feet, made me also break out into a slow, and then full 100-wattage beam…

Plus, with my racks now a little free, there is always scope for more shopping..

And oh, by the way, my new satin peep-toes, barely three days old, have a new place to sit pretty

Tee hee

No comments: