Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mehendi Monday / Holiday Henna


Coming from a person who couldn’t agree more that the ultimate turn off was the sight of henna-ed hands (or that mop of carroty-red unruly hair atop any person’s head), yours truly has gone ahead with a complete mindset re-programming.

So all other times - five instances (to be precise), I have surrendered to henna on my hands, but not without first putting up my best show at aversion.

But a couple of days back, I got a moss-green blob of henna applied to the centre of my left palm.

The green concoction.
The grassy smell (that have always abhorred)
The henna cone working its way merrily on my palm
And surprise...

I did not even utter a squeak. Let alone squawk.

After about three hours, I even went a step ahead, applying a well known cold-salve onto it (guaranteed to make the colour turn a richer shade of gingery-orange). Talk about a role reversal at its best (or worst)?

Though I admit I did generously spritz my most preferred EDP on my palm, it’s still a long way for me to have come.

Next step – applying henna to my hair in ten years?

Nahh. I think not.

And thank God for small mercies. Amen.

2 comments:

Freudian-slip2006 said...

You soooooooooooo not fit to be in this country… I m so glad they finally kicking you out…. even if it means waiting for a few more months... and they wouldn’t let u scoot honey till you have loads of the most 'abhorred' thing on your hand...I am loving it

Anonymous said...

Hey I know you meant Eau De parfum by EDP...but it has a different meaning too..usually used on Chats/Text/(Abbreviations)..U wanna check that too...Thanks..
Though I liked the post...Mehendi...is a traditional paint normally put on brides hands to make them different (Thats how it started in India). I am sure you being a girl too must be having an aspiration to become a bride then why such a turn off for this wonderful color which also signifies husband's love and long life...
All the best! Keep writing :-)