Friday, January 02, 2009

Wishes for a warm 2009


Amidst much fanfare and high spirits (literally), the New Year finally descended upon TOOMA and me.

While I sleepwalked the first few hours in a drunken stupor, I couldn’t help but remember what someone has told me many many years back –what you do on the first day of the year, you do for the most of the remaining year.

I sure hope not.

As the biting chill cut across to my very bone, I shivered inspite of the warm black hood shirt that enveloped me protectively. A spinning head and a dull, throbbing ache, bore sharp testimony to the incessant liquid that ran through my veins, instead of the usual crimson blood.

Hitting the dance floor non-stop certainly hadn’t helped either.

As flashbacks of my antics with perfect strangers painfully crossed my mind, numbing me into a near-state of horror / disbelief / utter mortification / remorse, I silently gave the thumbs down to any plans of ever mixing spirits, nixing them in favour of showing steadfast loyalty to one, or at a max, two preferred brands.

On that guilty-as-charged note, let me wish you all a ‘spirited,’ warm, joyous and prosperous 2009.

Hic hic.

No comments: