Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tequila - a girl's new best friend


While I didn’t exactly go on vacation, my mind has been ‘out of office’ literally.

I snap back to reality, to stay true to at least one of my Resolutions (to write this blog).

Seems like I may have just bumped into my true calling in life.

Drinking.

And getting paid for it.

Ha!

I bet your face turned that unappealing shade of emerald, didn’t it?

Well, don’t quite furrow your forehead yet. There is still some time to go. Before people like me manage to pull it off.

From the country that gave us chocolate (God bless 'em), Santana, Salma Hayek (lemme hand out a tissue to TOOMA to wipe the drool off his mouth), hammocks, sombreros, guitars, and the salsa, here’s another first.

Scientists at a University in Mexico are waking up to the charms of Mexico’s most famous liquor besides Tepache – tequila! No kidding!

The spirit that calls the ‘shots’ in just about any party, just got a stamp. Of approval.

From those hard-to-be-pleased-specimens, no less - women! (I should know. I am one).

The reason is clear.

Tequila contains hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon in the exact proportion required...to form diamonds.

So you apply the requisite amount of extreme heat (I’m talking over 800 degrees C/1400 degrees F) till the liquor vaporises, cooling the particles, settling them upon trays in an even layer...and voila! You have those sparklies.

Not very big ones for jewellery purposes. But sparklies all the same.

Neat, innit?

Now if only that University is taking in applications.

You do know who’s registering, don’t you?

Though I'm not too sure if I prefer diamonds over hic-hic sessions.

Read the full story here.

Cheers to more Tequila Sunrises. Hic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting...Drinking and getting paid for it ;-)
Also good update on the sparklies...Ofcourse Diamonds are girls best friend...Yet another fetish that I have for diamonds..hehe
If u ask me, I would definitely prefer diamonds over Hic hic sessions unless they are accompanied by the love of my life.
Keep blogging.
NICE POST..Much appreciated :-)
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hey u'v changed the Heading of this Post huh , guess it was something else ? And also added a the full story...It was not in there yesterday