Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Rider Mania 2007: Nagpur, January 24 - 25.


The thunderous roars will be heard from a mile away.

The assembled group-members will not be more dissimilar.

Lanky barely-crossed-sixteen pubescents, bandanna-ed-20-year-somethings, suave corporate types who look straight out of boardroom meets, a spattering of women looking completely at ease in the male-dominated scene, pony-tailed beer-bellied men hanging on to the last shreds of their youth (and rapidly-receding hairlines) – you name them, they will be there.

Welcome to the Rider Mania 2007, the annual event where all Royal Enfield club members across the country collect as one.

The event, organized last year by Chennai’s Madras Bulls, is being taken charge of by Wanderlust Bullet Club, a Nagpur club.


So there’s more to Nagpur than its oranges, you must be thinking.

You bet there is.

At this time there, Royal Enfield aficionados, enthusiastically gathered for the 2-day long beer and bike fest, would have gunned their mean machines into full throttle...

Now if only I knew how to drive one of those machines, I too would have been jostling for my own place there.

PS: Just came across the Wanderlust anthem, “Thundergods of the Road.”

I’m a tamer of storms
Enslaver of the highways
Sleepin' where I fall
A rebel livin' my way

Wanderlust emblazoned on my heart
Motorcycle fire blazing in my soul

I’m a thundergod...of the road

I’ve ridden through the desert, the forest and the trees
I’m a ruler of the mountains, ruler of the breeze
I ride through the sunshine, the rain and snow
Leave a blazing trail of fire anywhere i go

I’m a thundergod...of the road

You better beware, don’t mess with me honey
You better watch what you do
I ain’t playin’ no games, gonna take no sh*t
I’m gonna piss on your attitude

My motor spittin' lightnin', my engine roaring thunder
My wheels keep spinnin', like the spell im under
Devils in my soul, angels by my side
Born to raise hell, I was born to ride

I’m a thundergod...of the road.


Not bad, huh?

No comments: