Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Taj


Back on Blogger after a hiatus.

What with a one-day visit to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort last Thursday, last minute shopping for my best friend's wedding this weekend, and then the actual marriage itself, my hands were full.

Office trip to Agra was fab.

The Taj obviously doesn't need any frivolous introduction.

Having seen it before, I was not really expecting my breath to be taken away.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

The milky white monument literally made all my colleagues draw in their breaths sharply - that deep was the impact.

Our well-informed(and read) guide did a great job in making us revisit Shah Jahan's golden days.

A colleague took this pic - the monument of love, understandably among the Seven Wonders of the World, stands tall, bearing testimony to a glorious past.

No comments: