Monday, October 23, 2006

Winters...

Why do all good things have to come to an end?
That was the persistent question in my head all day yesterday, as my close-to-ten-days-break-from-work, came to an end.
After ten glorious days of pigging-out, traveling, retail therapy, sight-seeing, I’m back in town, and might I add, back to work.
Sigh!
Anyway, the last ten days will keep me going for some time at least, till my next trip, I daresay.
The city’s weather has also changed quite a bit – there is a palpable nip in the air, and today morning, I saw a few people, wrapped snugly in their gaily-colored mufflers, stoles, and caps.
Piping-hot coffee, waffle ice-cream cones, Classic Regular cigarettes, Old Monks, rich chocolate truffles—never taste as good, as during winters.
Add to that – the jaunty pace of your step, woody perfumes, warm Ming blankets, snow(if you are lucky enough to be living high up), and all sorts of colorful woollen attire.
Hurray! I’m so glad winters will be here soon.
I love them. Don’t you?

No comments: