Sunday, September 24, 2006

Of weekends...the time that always speeds past.


So Friday and Saturday whizzed past…
The former because I was eagerly waiting for the weekend to get there.
And was sooo looking forward to putting my feet up and relaxing.
Alas! The coffee place where we usually relaxed is there no more.
What can be more unfair?!
Has been shifted to some Godforsaken place, I don’t even know the whereabouts.
What else could I say except Bah!
Saturday was sunnier (both literally and metaphorically).
Got a first-hand experience of what kids these days are like
And believe me, they are quite a handful.
So between running around with my nephews and nieces, sorting out their endless squabbles, handing around fat ice-cream waffle cones, browsing through stacks of Barbie Dolls, Hot Wheels cars, miniature superheroes, and soft-toys (shudder), I ended up with my hands full (and my wallet empty).
The evening was a "spirited" one, and I wound up home, pretty late, by my maids’ standards. (More about her some other time).
Sunday was laid-back, and was spent emptying more contents of my wallet(Ohhhh who ever said that retail-therapy comes cheap is a bugger and a damn liar!)
The evening was drawing to a mellow close, and your truly thought of dropping in a post, Just glanced at my wrist….
Arggggghhhh – it’s gonna be 8 p.m., and tomorrow is Monday (Shudder).
My Monday morning blues have begun on Sunday evening itself.
Dunno if I’ll even enjoy the dinner tonight…
Back to work tomorrow, thank God I have this blog to write upon whatever takes my fancy.
Till tomorrow comes, let me immerse myself into the bubbly, and enjoy the rest of the evening(and night).
So long then.