Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Edvard Munch and The Scream


Was slightly taken aback today when I opened the Google home page.
A tormented limp figure, hands tightly clasping ears, stared up at me ominously, looking as if it were just about to come out with a blood-curdling scream / howl.
Visibly shaken by the image, I set about to figure out the reason behind the wailing figure.
Turns out, today is Norwegian painter, Edvard Munch’s birthday. Now I am no connoisseur of art, so kindly ignore my “howler.” The picture is one of his most famous, aptly named, The Scream. Though I was aware of a painting by that name, I had never seen it before; hence my surprise and why-in-the-world-did-Google-keep-this-image-more-than-a-month-after-Halloween bewilderment.
Turn to the Google homepage to see it for yourself.
Or if it is after December 11 that you see this post, then see it right here.

No comments: