Wednesday, December 06, 2006

SiteAdvisor: banish spam, spyware, adware altogether


Half the time, nasty spam lands up on my computer, catching me unawares, and causing me to:

a) Shake my fist angrily at the monitor
b) Mutter a swear word(or two)
c) Grit my teeth
d) Roll my eyes(and not in amusement)
e) All the above.

Which is why, I became smarter and installed McAfee’s user-friendly security browser, SiteAdvisor, which supports both IE and Firefox.

Besides keeping your PC / laptop safe from spyware, adware, viruses, online scams, it also gives you color ratings for any sites that you choose to visit or search (on Google, Yahoo, or MSN) as green (safe), yellow(suspicious), or red(avoidable). Also, you come to find out pretty fast if that credible-looking site and it's extending that free iPod / Xbox / Zune / mobile phone / Playstation 3, has some element of truth in ti, or plain balderdash. Read more about it here.

Believe me, it's worth it. And it downloads pretty fast too (just took me 30 seconds).

Ohhh, and did I mention that it’s free?

Go on, try it.

No comments: