Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Get nagged


Don’t we all have some things that we should be doing, but thanks to our selective amnesia / indifference / plain sloth, we just don’t get down to doing them.
For instance, I know I should be keeping my place tidy, and not as if some tornado has recently ripped it. But when my OCD best friend is away, I just let the room be.
Needless to say, when she returns, she is anything but impressed.
In the same vein is another word: EXERCISE.
Aaaaargh…WhatdidyoujustsayOhmyGodyoudon’tmeanitdoyou?
Now, that’s my usual reaction when someone mentions the dreaded “E” word.
Then there is the usual refrain (from big bro, parents, friends, big bro particularly, he of the Converse-brand-fetish) if I mention that I need to buy those nth pair of to-die-for sandals or that sixth black bag.
So it was pretty nice when I came across this website, called HassleMe, a UK site, which promises to nag you for any reminder you may want, and as frequently as you want.
I have already set a couple of thingies that I want to get nagged for, on a daily basis. I love its tag line, “ Because sometimes in life, you just need to be nagged…”
There are a couple of other websites too that caught my attention.
One of them is called mySociety, a charitable volunteering project which aims to spread awareness about how the Internet can improve their lives. They also support and improve launch projects. Sign up as a volunteer here.
The third website is called PledgeBank, a psychological bet, which is geared to make people carry out their pledges, together with several others. For instance, suppose a user wants to kick smoking; he could start a pledge, encouraging others to sign up for the same. The site updates all subscribers if the pledge fails to attract enough subscribers(Sigh), or if (happy happy) attracts others to do the same, and if the target is met.
You could sign up for e-mails when people make pledges from your local area / country.
Or start your own pledge here.

No comments: